If you are searching for training to become a CNA in Arkansas, you will find that many programs cost several hundred dollars. You might be surprised to learn that there are ways to access free cna training. Start on the path of a new career by finding no-cost training options for prospective certified nursing assistants. We’ve listed a few free training opportunities below.
1) Contact the job corps or income assistance office in your local community (or surrounding communities). It is sometimes possible for displaced workers and individuals with low income to receive certified nursing assistant training for free in Arkansas. Contact those agencies to determine if you might qualify to have your cna training covered. .
2) The Department of Health in Arkansas also offers free training programs throughout the year at through many of their offices located throughout the state. Training is offered through the Home Health and Hospice segment of the Department of Health. Contact the Department of Health in Arkansas for more details on how to receive CNA training. We’ve reprinted a schedule from the DOH website below:
North East Arkansas Region
|Oct 25||CNA Classes||Poinsett County, Harrisburg||Renee Roland|
|Nov 15||CNA Classes||Sharp County, Ash Flat||Sherry Wilkinson|
North West Arkansas Region
|Jun 21||CNA Classes||Pope County, Russellville||Paula Dyer, LPN|
|Jul 19||CNA Classes||Searcy County, Marshall||Debbie Elliott|
|Jul 26||CNA Classes||Pope County, Russellville||Paula Dyer, LPN|
|Sep 13||CNA Classes||Pope County, Russellville||Paula Dyer, LPN|
|Oct 25||CNA Classes||Pope County, Russellville||Paula Dyer, LPN|
South West Arkansas Region
|Jul 19||CNA Classes||Polk County, Mena||Echo Donahou|
|Sep 27||CNA Classes||Ouachita County, Camden||Johnette Bearden|
|Oct 11||CNA Classes||Miller County, Texarkana||Gayla Rowe|
|Jan 24||CNA Classes||Clark County, Arkadelphia||Lori Rose|
3) Call local nursing care facilities and other healthcare facilities in your area. Many of these facilities will pay for you to train as a nursing assistant if you will work for them for a pre-determined amount of time. Most healthcare facilities have a constant need for qualified certified nursing assistants. If you contact a healthcare business that is unable to provide you with training, they might be able to direct you to a facility or a program that can help you to receive your training for no cost.
4) Call the state Board of Nursing in Arkansas if you have a strong desire to work as a certified nursing assistant but cannot afford the tuition. An agent from the State Board of Nursing should be able to point you in the direction of any programs that might pay for your tuition or provide you with cna training directly. Do not be afraid to ask for help in paying for your new career.
Direct Free Training Opportunities
1) Training in Benton, AR (May 2012)
There is a possibility of getting trained at a facility being advertised in the US jobs website. You will be hired as a trainee and trained for two weeks after which you will need to successfully pass the state CNA test. You will then be expected to continue working at this location for a period of time as determined when you agree to join them. More details and contact info can be found at: http://us.jobs/viewjob.asp?sjobid=AR0359375
Institutions That Can Be Of Assistance
1) Arkansas Adult Learning Resource Center
Danville Adult Learning Center, 1501 East 8th Street, Danville, AR 72833
There are Adult Learning Centers in multiple locations of Arkansas. These learning centers help individuals who need to improve their English skills or who are in need of working to obtain their GED. The centers can also connect adults with job training so that they can access a brighter future with improved job prospects. Training can be accessed for free at one of the over 50 training locations.
2) Arkansas WAGE Program
1110 W. 7th St, LIttle Rock, Arkansas
The Arkansas WAGE Program helps to provide skills training for individuals who are not currently employed or who do not have gainful employment. They can receive aid in gaining general job skills. Certifications are also available in the areas of Clerical Work and Industrial Work. Eligible men and women can gain keyboarding and other employability skills. There are many training centers located in Arkansas.
3) Ouachita Job Corps
570 Job Corps Road, Royal, AR 71968, Phone: (501) 767-2707
Young men and women who are 16 to 24 years old can receivecareer training and can complete their high school education as well. This program is for eligible individuals who need help to ensure they can have great opportunities in life. This particular Job Corps location focuses on career training options related to the construction trades as well as those related to office careers.
Nursing homes that might be offering Low Cost CNA Training classes in Arkansas
Note: These nursing homes DO NOT Provide CNA training directly. It is however common for nursing homes to employ you and then pay for your training at another facility.
- Beverly Healthcare W Memphis – 800 West Broadway West Memphis, Arkansas 72301
- Beverly Healthcare Warren – 915 East Church St Warren, Arkansas 71671
- Brighton House Care Center – 1603 West Walnut St Rogers, Arkansas 72756
- Brookewood Nursing Center – 322 West Collin Raye Drive De Queen, Arkansas 71832
- Brookridge Life Care And Rehabilitation Center – 1000 Brookridge Lane Morrilton, Arkansas 72110
- Crawford Healthcare And Rehabilitation Center – 2010 Main Street Van Buren, Arkansas 72956
- Crestpark Inn Of Forrest City – 603 Kittel Road Forrest City, Arkansas 72335
- Crestpark Inn Of Helena – 116 November Drive Helena, Arkansas 72342
- Crestpark Inn Of Marianna – Hwy 79 West Marianna, Arkansas 72360
- Crestpark Inn Of Stuttgart – 707 West 20th Stuttgart, Arkansas 72160
- Fayetteville City Hospital And Geriatric Center – 221 South School Street Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
- Fordyce Healthcare – Smith & Baxter Streets Fordyce, Arkansas 71742
- Fort Smith Health And Rehabilitation Center – 3310 North 50th Street Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904
- Jefferson Healthcare – 1501 Bay Street Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603
- Johnson Hobson Care Home – 101 Brougham Avenue Marion, Arkansas 72364
- Lakeside Nursing And Rehabilitation Center – 1207 Willow Run Street Lake City, Arkansas 72437
- Monette Manor – 669 Hwy 139 North Monette, Arkansas 72447
- Montgomery County Nursing Home – 741 South Drive Mount Ida, Arkansas 71957
- Mountain Home Good Samaritan Village – 300 Good Samaritan Drive Mountain Home, Arkansas 72653
Is there a way to get free CNA classes in New Jersey?
I let my certification expire and now I need free CNA classes in Detroit. Can you help?
I want to become a CNA. Can I get a free CNA class in Philadelphia?
Urgently need free CNA Training in Denver!