When you are heading to a new state, you will need to transfer your CNA license. There are some steps you should follow to make it a little less stressful to get your license transferred so that you can begin looking for employment in your new state.
· The process will vary some depending on the state to where you are moving. Contact the licensing board in your new state. You should start looking into the process before you are preparing to move. Determine whether or not they allow a nursing assistant license to be automatically transferred. Some states, will accept your license from another state without requiring you to take the certification again in their particular state.
· Some states will acknowledge your current CNA license by allowing you to work a certain number of hours as a CNA in their state while you are going through the process of having your license transferred. The specifics will depend on the state to where you are moving.
· When you are transferring a license, the board of licensing in your new state will again conduct an FBI background check. They will need to verify your training information and any employment history you had in the other state when working as a certified nursing assistant. Other details might also need to be provided.
· It might be necessary to have medical checks again in the new state to where you are moving. There might be additional vaccines or tests that you need before you will be able to work as a certified nursing assistant there.
· There are some states that will not make it as easy to transfer your license. Those states will require you to take the licensing exam in their own state. This means that you will need to complete and pass both the written and clinical portion of the test. It might or might not be necessary to complete additional coursework and training before the licensing board will allow you to take the test. This will depend on the training requirements in the state you are moving from as well as the requirements in the state you are moving to.
· Contact the licensing board in the state for specific details on how you can transfer your certification. They will be able to tell you everything that you need to do in order to make the transition go as smoothly as possible. You will learn what information you must spend to the licensing board and what steps you will need to take to obtain your license in that state.
Do not stress over transferring your CNA license. It will take some time and might take some extra work but you will be on your way to working in your new state before you know it.
im trying to tranfer my cna license from illinois to washington im trying to figure out what im supposed to do..any info would be helpful
In most cases you’ll only need to show your certification documents to the nursing board in Washington. they will then verify them before giving you a new license.
My question is, I had sent for my reciprocity to be changed from GA. registry to TN. registry. That was about 2 wks. ago. How can I find out how far they are in the process of transfer? I need to know because I need to know when I am to start packing to move!
It depends on how the TN registry process transfers of licenses. Give them a call to see where your transfer has reached. Best of luck.
I am planning on working at at HCA hospital facility here for at least 6 months after I get re-certified. My question is, do I have to do a TN. reciprocity exam all over again to transfer even through it is a job transfer from an HCA hospital in Georgia to an HCA hospital in Chattanooga,Tennessee? Also is it posible for me to work as a nurse extern as a CNA while waiting to take the exam?
Hi im doing my cna trainging now. and ill be done in december. Im moving to pittsburgh pa in january and i would like to know some info on how id go about transfering my license and the process i would go through for it. PLease reply thanks!
Check out the page on CNA certification transfer to Pennsylvania
i am trying to transfer my cna license from wisconsin to georgia. i need some information on transfering them because this website really not helping me. somebody plz respond. THNK YOU.!
Hi Niesha, We’re always trying to improve our content to help people find solutions faster. I’m sorry you could not find what you were looking for above. You’ll need to see our specific page for Gerogia where we detail the process to transfer your license to that state. Click on: http://cnatraininghelp.com/cna-certification/georgia/
what do i need to transfer my cna certificanton from phila to md?
Hi Sonya, You can easily transfer your license provided you have a valid one in Pennsylvania. You’ll need to get the relevant forms for the Maryland nursing board to transfer your certification to that state. You’ll find a step by step guide over here:http://www.mbon.org/main.php?v=norm&p=0&c=cna/cna_endorsement_facts.html
what do I need to do to transfer my Ga CNA certification from to WA
im in cna class right now in montana but want to move to idaho as soon as my class is done. in order to transfer my lisence do i have to work so many hours in montana or can i transfer straight to idaho……. im in a 80 hour cna class 40 hrs class room and 40 hrs clinical
I am trying to transfer my liscense to Oregon from California and I know all about how my problem is getting ahold of the Oregon board of registry… I have a few phone numbers and I call everyday but it tells me no one is avalable to take my call and doesn’t let you leave a message or anything. Any advice?? Anything will help I’m in the process of moving already and am going to need a job.
how do i transfer my can certificate from minnesota to new york, how much time does it take and what are the process and how much duration do they take to complete it,,, thanks
Will illinois acknowledge georgia CNA? and if not what should I do to transferring them?
I am finishing my cna in tennessee and about to take the state exam. What states will not take the tennessee state cna certification.
Correction, I am going to be taking my CNA classes at Central Georgia Tech here in Macon, Georgia but I would like to take my State board Tennessee certification test instead of the Georgia State board test. Am I able to do so, and how? I want to be certified in Tennessee and not Georgia.
i need to transfer my CNA license from Indiana to Georgia state. any info. would be helpful .
i need help to transfer fla..cna license to ga..cna license where do i start someone help me please?
Hi, I am an Indiana CNA trying to transfer to Illinois. I am trying to figure out what exactly it is that I need to do to transfer onto the Illinois CNA registry. I had previously completed what I had thought was a form for reciprocity and sent it to IL dept of health. I waited over a month for the finger print form that I thought I would be getting only to get a response stating that I, as an individual, am not allowed to apply?? What am I doing wrong here? I have made repeated attempts to inquire via telephone but always get their recorded message stating to either call back or go to their CNA registry website.
i need to transfer my cna license from tennessee to indiana. i talked to a representative of the state of indiana and they gave me a website but for some reason i can’t get it to work. please help I’m running out of time.
Will my CNA license for Wisconsin transfer to Washington state without having to retake the classes & testing? My boyfriend is wanting me to move out to Washington but I’d need to make sure my license will transfer without having the hiccups.
im a certified cna from Hawaii, and were moving to kentucky. do i need to apply on transfering my cna in kentucky?
How do I transfer my license from New Hampshire to Vermont? Do they have reciprocity?