If you have decided to train to become a certified nursing assistant in Connecticut, you might be looking for free cna training options. There are opportunities to receive assistance in paying for fees associated with training courses from state approved CNA training programs. Here are a few free training options for Connecticut:
1) NAHCA: You should contact a local branch of the National Associated of Health Care Assistants and similar associations for entry-level healthcare providers. Some of these associations offer scholarships to individuals who are looking to start a new career. You can ask for assistance paying for nursing assistant training and can ask for referrals to other organizations that might be able to help.
2) Community Colleges: It is possible to earn up to about $34,000 annually as a CNA with a couple years of good experience under your belt. It is worth the time it takes to locate good quality (sometimes even free) cna training options. You should contact community colleges and technical schools in your area to find those offering nursing assistant training courses. If you enter into these programs, you might receive enough financial aid to cover the cost of training.
3) Nursing Care Facilities: Free training is often offered to individuals who agree to work as a qualified CNA for healthcare facilities upon completion of their certification. Many nursing care facilities, provide training programs for nursing assistants and also cover the cost of this training. Do not be shy about calling around to nursing care facilities in your area and expressing your interest to become a certified nursing assistant. Do not forget to contact long-term care facilities, continuing care communities and even home health agencies.
Direct Free Training Opportunities
Free Training from the Jewish Home For the Elderly( April 2012)
They are going to have free classes for qualified candidates starting on the 16th of April 2012. You need to have a GED or high school diploma. To qualify, you need to prepare the following:
– 2 letters of recommendation from people not related to you.
– A Letter that explains why the nursing home should hire you. (We believe this is a very important part of their selection process so make sure you write something really good that explains why you’d want to work as a CNA there and why you’d be an asset to their team)
– A Completed application. You can download the form from www.jhe.org (then click on the job posting link)
Send all of the above to: (before March 30th)
The Jewish Home for the Elderly
175 Jefferson Street
Fairfield, CT 06825
Institutions That Could Help
CT STEM Training
CT STEM Jobs, 108 New Park Ave. Franklin, CT 06254
STEM Training Programs are in the areas of science, technology, engineering and even math. The programs are in conjuction between the Workforce Development Board and Connecticut Employers. STEM helps to make it possible to provide advanced training for current and future employees to work for a range of employers throughout the state of Connecticut. The program provides a bright future for businesses and employees.
Vocational Rehabilitation Commission-Connecticut
First District Office, Hartford, CT 06105
If an individual has an injury or health condition that has resulted in unemployed from their previous career or job, they can seek services from this commission. Among these services, individuals can be matched with appropriate skills training programs and hands on training. In some cases, educational tracks through colleges are even an option. There are offices of this commission in various countries of CT.
Nursing homes in Delaware that might be offering free CNA training
Note: These nursing homes DO NOT Provide CNA training directly. It is however common for nursing homes to employ you and then pay for your training at another facility.
Alexandria Manor – 55 Tunxis Ave Bloomfield, Connecticut 06002
Phone: (860) 242-0703
Alzheimer’s Resource Center Of – 1261 South Main Street Plantsville, Connecticut 06479
Phone: (860) 628-9000
Andrew House Healthcare – 66 Clinic Dr New Britain, Connecticut 06051
Phone: (860) 225-8608
Ashlar Of Newtown Inc – Toddy Hill Road Newtown, Connecticut 06470
Phone: (203) 426-5847
Astoria Park – 725 Park Ave Bridgeport, Connecticut 06604
Phone: (203) 366-3653
Atrium Plaza Health Care Ctr – 240 Winthrop Ave New Haven, Connecticut 06511
Phone: (203) 789-0500
Avery Nursing Home – 705 New Britain Ave Hartford, Connecticut 06106
Phone: (860) 527-4663
Avon Health Center – 652 West Avon Rd Avon, Connecticut 06001
Phone: (860) 673-2521
Bayview Health Care Center – 301 Rope Ferry Road Waterford, Connecticut 06385
Phone: (860) 444-1175
Clifton House Rehabilitation C – 181 Clifton St New Haven, Connecticut 06513
Phone: (203) 897-8066
Clintonville Manor – 201 Clintonville Rd North Haven, Connecticut 06473
Phone: (203) 239-8017
Cobalt Lodge Health Care & Reh – 29 Middle Haddam Rd Cobalt, Connecticut 06414
Phone: (860) 267-9034
Coccomo Memorial Health Care Ctr – 33 Cone Ave Meriden, Connecticut 06450
Phone: (203) 238-1606
Haven Health Ctr Of So Windsor – 1060 Main St South Windsor, Connecticut 06074
Phone: (860) 289-7771
Haven Health Ctr Of W Hartford – 3432 Albany Ave West Hartford, Connecticut 06117
Phone: (860) 236-3557
Haven Health Ctr Of Waterbury – 2817 N Main St Waterbury, Connecticut 06704
Phone: (203) 757-0731
Haven Health Ctr Of Waterford – 171 Rope Ferry Rd Waterford, Connecticut 06385
Phone: (860) 443-8357
Haven Health Ctr Of Windham – 595 Valley St Willimantic, Connecticut 06226
Phone: (860) 450-7060
New Milford Nursing Home – 19 Poplar St New Milford, Connecticut 06776
Phone: (860) 354-9365
Newington Healthcare Center – 240 Church St Newington, Connecticut 06111
Phone: (860) 667-2256
Noble Horizons – 17 Cobble Rd Salisbury, Connecticut 06068
Phone: (860) 435-9851
Northbridge Health Care Center – 2875 Main Street Bridgeport, Connecticut 06606
Phone: (203) 336-0232
I need help finidng free CNA classes in Colorado. Can you help?
Is there a free CNA training program near Jacksonville starting anytime soon?
I need to get a new job and desperately need free CNA classes in Massachusetts
Other state listings: