If you are searching for training to become a CNA in Arkansas, you will find that many programs cost several hundred dollars. You might be surprised to learn that there are ways to access free cna training. Start on the path of a new career by finding no-cost training options for prospective certified nursing assistants. We’ve listed a few free training opportunities below.
1) Contact the job corps or income assistance office in your local community (or surrounding communities). It is sometimes possible for displaced workers and individuals with low income to receive certified nursing assistant training for free in Arkansas. Contact those agencies to determine if you might qualify to have your cna training covered. .
2) The Department of Health in Arkansas also offers free training programs throughout the year at through many of their offices located throughout the state. Training is offered through the Home Health and Hospice segment of the Department of Health. Contact the Department of Health in Arkansas for more details on how to receive CNA training. We’ve reprinted a schedule from the DOH website below:
|Jun 15, 2015||Aide Licensure||Saline County, Benton||Jane Pessa, RN|
|Jul 27, 2015||Aide Licensure||Polk County, Mena||Julie Staggs|
|Sep 21, 2015||Aide Training||Ouachita County, Camden||Johnette Bearden|
3) Call local nursing care facilities and other healthcare facilities in your area. Many of these facilities will pay for you to train as a nursing assistant if you will work for them for a pre-determined amount of time. Most healthcare facilities have a constant need for qualified certified nursing assistants. If you contact a healthcare business that is unable to provide you with training, they might be able to direct you to a facility or a program that can help you to receive your training for no cost.
Direct Free Training Opportunities
Training in Benton, AR
There is a possibility of getting trained at a facility being advertised in the US jobs website. You will be hired as a trainee and trained for two weeks after which you will need to successfully pass the state CNA test. You will then be expected to continue working at this location for a period of time as determined when you agree to join them. More details and contact info can be found at: http://us.jobs/viewjob.asp?sjobid=AR0359375
Friendship Community Care
West Fork, AR.
Get trained for free in a career that’s very close to being a CNA. As a caregiver, you will be expected to look after and care for children with developmental disabilities. In most cases you will be in a classroom setting. You need to have a high school diploma or GED to be accepted for this job. The reason for posting this here is because a lot of people want to be CNA’s but can’t afford the training. This opportunity allows you to get an income doing something similar thereby allowing you to save for professional training. The work is only from Monday to Friday.
Forrest City, AR
Similar to the above in that this is also a trainee type position that doesn’t require certification. Unlike the caregiver position above, you will do more CNA type work in this establishment. Definitely worth checking out since they’ve also listed that they’re okay with hiring someone who isn’t experienced. Click Here
Low Cost Training
Black River Technical College
1410 AR-304, Pocahontas, AR 72455, Phone: +1 870-248-4000
Established in 1972, this community vocational college offers CNA classes for just $600 which is among the best rates in Arkansas. This may seem higher when compared with states such as Florida(where you can get trained for less than $200) it is still much lower than the average in AK which is about $1100. They also offer very flexible timings with the possibility of evening classes as well.
Arkansas State University – Beebe
1000 Iowa Street, Beebe, AR 72012,Phone: +1 501-882-3600
One of the rather old universities in the United States, The AK state University was established in 1909. Beebe is an off site campus of this university which among other courses also provides a nurse aide course. At $500, it is definitely among the lowest cost options in the state. The program runs for less than two weeks and required a minimum of a GED or high school diploma.
Nursing Related Scholarships in Arkansas
Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation – Education Support Award
The Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation was established to assist low-income women with children who are pursuing an educational or training program (LPN). This is a need based scholarship that offers an amount not exceeding $5000 for low income mothers who wish to pursue careers in nursing. While a CNA is technically a nurse, this scholarship only applies for LPN or a higher form of training. This is a CNA website but we strongly encourage people to further their careers and become LPN’s and RN’s if they get the opportunity.
Institutions That Can Be Of Assistance
1) Arkansas Adult Learning Resource Center
Danville Adult Learning Center, 1501 East 8th Street, Danville, AR 72833
2) Arkansas WAGE Program
1110 W. 7th St, LIttle Rock, Arkansas
Nursing homes that might be offering Low Cost CNA Training classes in Arkansas
Note: These nursing homes DO NOT Provide CNA training directly. It is however common for nursing homes to employ you and then pay for your training at another facility.
- Beverly Healthcare W Memphis – 800 West Broadway West Memphis, Arkansas 72301 Phone: (870) 735-5174
- Beverly Healthcare Warren – 915 East Church St Warren, Arkansas 71671 Phone: (870) 226-5843
- Brighton House Care Center – 1603 West Walnut St Rogers, Arkansas 72756 Phone: (501) 636-9334
- Brookewood Nursing Center – 322 West Collin Raye Drive De Queen, Arkansas 71832 Phone: (870) 642-3562
- Brookridge Life Care And Rehabilitation Center – 1000 Brookridge Lane Morrilton, Arkansas 72110 Phone: (501) 354-4585
- Crawford Healthcare And Rehabilitation Center – 2010 Main Street Van Buren, Arkansas 72956 Phone: (479) 474-6885
- Crestpark Inn Of Forrest City – 603 Kittel Road Forrest City, Arkansas 72335 Phone: (870) 633-7630
- Crestpark Inn Of Helena – 116 November Drive Helena, Arkansas 72342 Phone: (870) 338-9886
- Crestpark Inn Of Marianna – Hwy 79 West Marianna, Arkansas 72360 Phone: (870) 295-3466
- Crestpark Inn Of Stuttgart – 707 West 20th Stuttgart, Arkansas 72160 Phone: (870) 673-1657
- Fayetteville City Hospital And Geriatric Center – 221 South School Street Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701 Phone: (479) 442-5100
- Fordyce Healthcare – Smith & Baxter Streets Fordyce, Arkansas 71742 Phone: (501) 352-2104
- Fort Smith Health And Rehabilitation Center – 3310 North 50th Street Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904 Phone: (479) 783-3101
- Jefferson Healthcare – 1501 Bay Street Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603 Phone: (870) 535-8878
- Johnson Hobson Care Home – 101 Brougham Avenue Marion, Arkansas 72364 Phone: (870) 739-3268
- Lakeside Nursing And Rehabilitation Center – 1207 Willow Run Street Lake City, Arkansas 72437 Phone: (870) 237-8151
- Monette Manor – 669 Hwy 139 North Monette, Arkansas 72447 Phone: (870) 486-5419
- Montgomery County Nursing Home – 741 South Drive Mount Ida, Arkansas 71957 Phone: : (870) 867-2156
- Mountain Home Good Samaritan Village – 300 Good Samaritan Drive Mountain Home, Arkansas 72653 Phone: (870) 425-2494
Is there a way to get free CNA classes in New Jersey?
I let my certification expire and now I need free CNA classes in Detroit. Can you help?
I want to become a CNA. Can I get a free CNA class in Philadelphia?
Urgently need free CNA Training in Denver!