You might be looking for free cna training if you want to start a new career as a certified nursing assistant but do not have the extra money to pay for training. Most states offer a few different options to help individuals who want to start a new career but cannot afford training. The state of Michigan is no exception. You’ll find many free training opportunities below:
1) It is possible to receive free CNA training through the Red Cross training course in Michigan. The Red Cross training program is part of the No Worker Left Behind Act in Michigan. Individuals who are earning less than $40,000 can qualify for training. Training is offered in the Detroit Michigan Branch of the American Red Cross.
2) There are community colleges and technical schools that offer certified nursing assistant training in Michigan. You should contact local colleges in your area to determine if any have cna programs. If they do, you will want to contact the financial aid office to determine if you can qualify for any grants or other financial assistance for the training program. If you receive enough financial aid to cover tuition and all other related costs, you will be receiving free cna training.
3) Some nursing assistant training programs offer scholarships to students. Qualified nursing assistants are in a very high demand and therefore, training schools are constantly looking for motivated individuals to train as CNAs. In order to make it easier for people to receive training as certified nursing assistants, many programs offer scholarships. If you qualify for a scholarship that covers all costs associated with your training and certification, you will have found free cna training.
Direct Free Training Opportunities
24424 W. McNichols Rd.Detroit, MI 48219
This is a program run by the Development Centers initiative in Michigan in collaboration with a lot of other workforce offices in the state including Michigan Works! Last year they helped 3000 people get trained for alternative employment including nursing assistant training. They have many locations in Michigan and also help with job search, resume writing and other similar skills. To find ot more please call: (313) 531-2500
Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids
They run a nursing assistant program in collaboration with Porter Hills Village. This program has helped many people find suitable employment as CNA’s after completing this excellent training program. They also offer job placement as well as 180 days job retention services. The tuition cost is $1800 but financial assistance is available in certain cases. Check them out and ask them if you qualify for assistance: call Wendy Veldheer at 616-588-2209
Greater Horizon training Institute Scholarship
615 Griswold Street, Suite 1520, Detroit, Michigan 48226
They have an excellent CNA program that offers both day and evening classes. if you’re doing day classes you can get done in just 13 days while the evening classes will take 19 days to finish. Students paying out of pocket may be eligible for a scholarship depending on the terms and conditions of the institute. You can contact them on the following numbers for more info:
+1 (313) 871-2600
Low Cost Training Programs
21700 Greenfield Rd #264 Detroit Michigan
They have a 75 hour program that includes both classroom and practical learning. Their cost is very modest at just $500 when compared to other programs in Michigan that cost upwards of $1500. They also have payment plans available. Call them on 248-850-7110 for more info.
Nursing Scholarships in Michigan
PortageHospital Auxiliary Scholarship
The Portage Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship is awarded to local college students each year who are pursuing a career in the health care field. The awarded amount is $1000 and is paid directly to the student’s school. In order to qualify the applicant must:
- Be a resident of Houghton, Keweenaw, Ontonagon or Baraga county
- Be pursuing a career in healthcare
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and provide transcripts of grades
Make sure and complete the entire scholarship application ad submit all requested documents prior to the deadline.
Michigan Nurses Foundation Scholarship Program
The Michigan Nurses Foundation Scholarship program was established in 2000 in order to advance nursing and nursing education. In order to qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a LPN program that grants a certificate upon completion
- Be in good academic standing
A minimum of four scholarships of $1000 will be awarded; however, the amount may change on a yearly basis. Remember to complete the entire application and submit all requested documents by the specified deadline. Applications that are incomplete will not be reviewed.
Mid Michigan Health – The Bernard F. and Melissa Anne Bailey Family Fund Healthcare Scholarship
The Bernard F. and Melissa Anne Bailey Family Fund Healthcare Scholarship is awarded to students pursuing a career in the health care filed. In order to qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be resident or have family that live in Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland, Montcalm, Ogemaw, Roscommon or Saginaw county.
- Be pursuing a career in healthcare (Nursing)
Students are able to download an application starting November 1st each year. Applications must be received by March 1st in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Institutions That Can Be Of Assistant
Telamon Corporation – Lansing
Address: 6350 West Michigan Avenue Lansing, MI 48917
Located in more than twelve states, including Michigan, the Telamon Corporation is a nonprofit corporation that is committed to providing the best quality human services available to the communities it impacts. This organization provides free employment training for both agriculture workers, as well as disadvantaged citizens. Their National Farmworker Jobs Program is aimed at providing farm workers with education and assistance that will help them qualify for better employment opportunities. Services that are also provided by this program include assistance with finding a job, classroom training, emergency services, emergency housing assistance, on the job training, pesticide safety training and more.
Flint-Genesee Job Corps Center
Address: 2400 North Saginaw Street Flint, MI 48505
Flint-Genesee Job Corps Center is committed to offering no cost employment training to youth, ages 16 to 24 years old, who qualify for their vocational training programs. The goal of the training provided is to enable participants to find steady, full-time employment in a variety of growing sectors of work. Educational opportunities for those participants who are interested are also made available.
Quick Recap of 7 Ways To Get Trained in Michigan
Nursing homes that might offer free CNA Training classes in Michigan
Note: These nursing homes DO NOT Provide CNA training directly. This is simply a list of the most popular nursing homes in Michigan. Always make sure you check if they have a CNA vacancy before you give them a call.
Arnold Home – 18520 W Seven Mile Rd Detroit, Michigan 48219
Ashley Care Center – Po Box 127 Ashley, Michigan 48806
Ausable Valley Community – “1390 Maple Drive, Box 9″ Fairview, Michigan 48621
Autumn Woods Residential Hlth – 29800 Hoover Rd Warren, Michigan 48093
Autumnwood Of Deckerville – 3387 Ella St Deckerville, Michigan 48427
Beverly Hills Nursing Center – 3030 Greenfield Ave Royal Oak, Michigan 48073
Birchwood Nursing Center – 2950 Lafranier Rd Traverse City, Michigan 49684
Bishop Noa Home For Senior Cit – 2900 Third Avenue South Escanaba, Michigan 49829
Bloomfield Hills Nsg Center – 50 West Square Lake Road Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48302
Lake Orion Nursing Center – 585 E Flint St Po Box 129 Lake Orion, Michigan 48361
Lakeland Center (The) – 26900 Franklin Road Southfield, Michigan 48034
Lakeland Continuing Care Ctr-S – 3425 Lake Shore Dr Saint Joseph, Michigan 49085
Lakeland Specialty Hospital – 6418 Deans Hill Rd Berrien Center, Michigan 49102
Lakepointe Villa – 37700 Harper Ave Clinton Township, Michigan 48036
Northfield Place – 8633 N Main St Whitmore Lake, Michigan 48189