Becoming a certified nursing assistant in Montana involves completing a training program that is approved by the state and passing the test for certification after that. Most training courses are only a few hundred dollars. We’ve collected a few free training opportunities for you. Read below:
1) Nursing Facilities: The first thing you should do in order to look for free cna training is to contact nursing care facilities in your community. Often times, these facilities provide training and will pay for the cost to train you if you agree to work for them for several months to a year. Facilities provide this free training as a way to gain more motivated and qualified certified nursing assistants.
2) Disability Assistance: If you have been a homemaker for an extended period of time and have lost your income due to the death or disability of a spouse or partner or a divorce/separation, you might qualify to receive free nursing assistant training. More details here: http://wsd.dli.mt.gov/wia/homemaker.asp
3) hospitals and rehabilitation centers: Contact them to ask for advice on where to receive nursing assistant training (if training is not offered directly at these places). Start calling around to some of the training programs they refer to you. Some of these programs are likely to offer scholarships for motivated individuals. A scholarship that covers all of your training expenses will provide you with free training.
Direct Free CNA Training Listings For Montana
Many of these places offer training year round so don’t get discouraged with the dates next to them.
1) State of Montana
Classes are going to start in early December. Closing date for applications is 26th November. To be eligible you must have a GED or high school diploma. Upon completion of the training and successful passing of the certification test you can get employed at MMHNCC or the Lewistown Infirmary. I feel this is an amazing opportunity as working for the state always has better benefits. More details at: http://goo.gl/NgxBS
2) Billings Clinic
You will get trained while receiving a salary of $8.5 per hour. To be eligible you need to complete a thorough application process which needs to convince them of your passion for becoming a CNA. Not only do you need to write about why you want to be a CNA, you will also be required to show your personal and professional goals after becoming a CNA. While the training is free, you will need to pay for scrubs and shoes. To get more info on the application process please visit: https://www.healthcaresource.com/billings/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=110148
3) St John’s Lutheran Ministries
The Ministry offers low cost CNA training at different periods throughout the year. They have a strict selection process and you’ll have to fill an application and wait for them to get back to you. The program is conducted by qualified CNA instructors. It lasts for 80 hours after which you will be eligible for the state examination. The course costs $195 of which $100 is refundable if you obtain work with them within 6 months of completing the course. To find out more info on this please call their hotline on (406) 655-5627. they are located in Mission Way, Billings, Montana.
4) Bridger Healthcare Communities
321 N 5th Ave, Bozeman, MT 59715, Phone: +1 406-587-4404
Classes start on June 15th. Once qualified, you can work either at the Mountain view facility or the one in Bridger Community. The training is free and is provided during the course of a full time day shift. For someone who is new to this it might be difficult to adapt but things do get easier with time and you learn to enjoy your job. best thing about this opportunity? You’ve got a ready made job!
Institutions That Can Be Of Assistance
1) Senior Community Service Employment Program
This program can help individuals who have reached at least the age of 55 to training for a new career or to find employment once again.
2) Incumbent Worker Training Program
715 Front Street, Helena, MT 59601
Nursing homes in Montana that might offer Low Cost CNA Training
Note: These nursing homes DO NOT Provide CNA training directly. It is however common for nursing homes to employ you and then pay for your training at another facility.Find a nursing home near you that has an active CNA vacancy. Some of these might not be providing free training so please inquire politely.
- Bitterroot Valley Living Cente – 63 Main Stevensville, Montana 59870
- Blackfeet Care Center – P O Box 728 Browning, Montana 59417
- Brendan House – 350 Conway Dr Kalispell, Montana 59901
- Dahl Memorial N H – Po Box 46 Ekalaka, Montana 59324
- Daniels Memorial Nh – 105 5th Ave E Scobey, Montana 59263
- Eastern Montana Veterans Home – 2000 Montana Avenue Glendive, Montana 59330
- Fallon Med Complex Nh – 202s 4th W Po Box 820 Baker, Montana 59313
- Friendship Villa Care Ctr – 2300 Wilson Miles City, Montana 59301
- Gallatin Rest Home – 1221 Durston Rd W Bozeman, Montana 59715
- Garfield Co Health Ctr Nh – Po Box 389 Jordan, Montana 59337
- Madison Valley Manor – 211 N Main Street Po Box 335 Ennis, Montana 59729
- Marcus Daly Mem Hosp Tcu – 1200 Westwood Dr Hamilton, Montana 59840
- Marias Care Center – 640 Park Drive Shelby, Montana 59474
- Mccone Co Nursing Home – Po Box 48 Circle, Montana 59215
- Mineral Community Nh – 1208 6th Ave E Superior, Montana 59872
- Missouri River Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center – 1130 17th Ave So Great Falls, Montana 59405
- Missouri River Medical Ctr Nh – 1501 St Charles St Fort Benton, Montana 59442
- Montana Mental Health Nursing – 800 Casino Creek Dr Lewistown, Montana 59457
Q: I am looking to become a CNA. I want to help people and further my experience but i dont know if i can do it while i’m getting my GED or not? will you explain to me the process of becoming a CNA and if i can become a cna while getting my ged?
A: To become a nursing assistant, it isn’t necessary to have a GED or a high school diploma. While some training centers have it as a requirement, most will allow you to get trained and sit for the exam without one. You can even get your license and work actively as a CNA without having a GED.